43 Books…

Hey lovelies,

I was sitting down a few weeks ago thinking about what books I’ve read in the past and what books I have never read in my life. One of the main series of books I’ve never read is the Harry Potter books and I know, you can curse me all you want (I haven’t seen the films either, not my cup of tea, soz) but it’s true. I decided to ask out on twitter what books everyone feels people should have read at least once in their lives and my word, the response I got was INSANE – thank you everyone for your suggestions!

I listed below all the books that were mentioned and my reading list has now expanded by god knows how many and I cannot wait to read them all!

1. All the Bright PlacesJennifer Niven
  38. Never Let Me GoKazuo Ishiguro
  39. The Four AgreementsDon Miguel Ruiz
  40. The Little PrinceAntoine De Saint-Exupery
  41. The Hound of The BaskervillesArthur Conan Doyle
  42. Reasons To Stay AliveMatt Haig
  43. The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night TimeMark Haddon

Still with me? Good because I’m lost in a world of books and I love it! Having looked through the list there is such a wide range of genres, authors, old and new, young and adult books that it just shows what an impact books can have on people.

Let me know below if you have read any of the above, if you are going to read any of the above or what you think should be on the list.

Speak soon,

img_0297

18 thoughts on “43 Books…

1. lifeofshar says:

I am a Japanese Lit LOVER and I have heard so many great things about Kazuo Ishiguro! I need to pick up one of his books! So many books on here that I have never heard of! 1984 by George Orwell is also on my to-read list! x

Liked by 1 person

• Liz Brannan says:

I’ve never had any Japanese lit but I feel like I have to have a look into them! I hadn’t heard of many either and my TBR list has so many more books on it now! x

• Liz Brannan says:

There is a good mixture isn’t there of books on there! Ive only read 2 of them and I feel like I should have read more. I’m glad I found these books as I can’t wait to get stuck in. Thank you xx

Liked by 1 person

2. Love, Soph says:

I loved this list! Definitely going to update my TBR afterwards. I can agree with all the bright places by Jennifer Niven – that book really changed me. Pride & prejudice is my fave classic EVER and I will literally ramble on about how amazing it is for hours (Mr Darcy has left my standards far too high😂!) there’s a bunch of books on this list I haven’t read or even heard of before, but I’d definitely like to. I actually finished Dorian Gray just the other day & I would really recommend it, it was such a captivating read! Great post Liz xx

Soph | http://www.lovesoph.co.uk

Liked by 1 person

• Liz Brannan says:

My TBR is so much longer now! I loved that book also, it was so beautiful. Pride and Prejudice is a book that has always been on my shelf at my mum’s house but I have never gotten around to reading it, I want to read it soon though! Ahh ill have to look into Dorian Grey. Thank you for commenting! xx

Liked by 1 person

3. Rebekah Gillian (@rebekahgillianx) says:

I love the idea of asking your Twitter followers for ideas about books you should read before you die. Like you said, it resulted in lots of different books in different genres by different authors. I’ve read a few, but there’s a lot more that I’ve not read and have promptly added to my to-read list. Some of these have been on my to-read list for a while, like “The Handmaid’s Tale”, but this has given me the kick I needed to really look into buying them.

Rebekah Gillian | https://rebekahgillian.co.uk/

Liked by 1 person

• Liz Brannan says:

It was such a lovely response to the tweet, I was so happy with it as I didn’t think I would get many! The range you get is such an insight into the world of writing and what people can enjoy writing and reading about. Hope you enjoy the books you read! x