Happy bank holiday weekend everyone! Now before I get into this post I need to apologise for a) the lack of photos and b) the poor quality of photos as I wasn’t planning on making a blog post but here we are!
I want to share with you my recipe for a creme egg rocky road as it’s different to most recipes and I’ve had so many compliments on them before. I also wanted to write a recipe post as baking is one of my favourite things to do however I rarely do it. I’m now off for 3 months and I want to bake more over this time and put them on my blog!
Ingredients – now I don’t really measure my ingredients out, I just throw stuff in to see what looks good!
- Milk chocolate
- Digestive biscuits
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini creme eggs
- Mini eggs
- Creme eggs
- White chocolate
- Break the chocolate into a microwaveable dish and put in the microwave for 30 second intervals – usually about 2 mins but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
- Whilst the chocolate is melting, grab a mixing bowl and put the mini marshmallows, mini eggs, broken biscuits and the mini creme eggs (cut in half) into it
- One the chocolate is melted, pour this over the ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to get all the ingredients covered. Keep a small amount of melted chocolate behind to drizzle over the top
- Line a deep rectangular baking tin using greaseproof paper (or foil if you’re like me and had ran out!) and pour the chocolate covered mixture into the bowl
- Try not to force the mixture into the tin, as you don’t want it to be perfect – it’s meant to be a rocky road after all!
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate over the top and decorate with more mini eggs, marshmallows and creme eggs cut in half!
- Put in the fridge for 1-2 hours and voila, easy peasy rocky road!
This is such a great recipe to that is easy to do and doesn’t take much time but you have a tasty treat at the end of it!
Hope you enjoyed this and I will 100% be posting more baking videos and I promise I will take more (and better!) photos next time!
What’s your favourite thing to bake at Easter time?
Happy Easter lovelies!